Diverse Magazine in association with the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) and the Merseyside and Cheshire Commonwealth Association presents a full day conference within the 2018 International Business Festival to explore Global Best Practices in Diversity & Inclusion and international trading opportunities in the Commonwealth.
The main presentations will include:
- How to do Business with the Commonwealth – Panel discussion
- The Competitive Advantage of a Sense of Belonging – Sir, Professor Geoff Palmer
- Responsible Business: Business as a Force for Good – Soulla Kyriacou, COO of Blueprint for Business (www.blueprintforbusiness.org)
- Inclusive Procurement – Best Practice – Tom Evans, www.pro-outsourcing.co.uk
- Women Matter – Gender diversity, a corporate performance driver – Dr Sylvia Forchap – http://www.voiceofnations.org.uk/
The underlying themes of the conference will explore how Diversity and Inclusion can help organisations in Business Growth, Innovation & Talent Management.
The conference will explore how to deliver sustained tangible results in Diversity and Inclusion in an increasingly globalised environment. Leading experts will contribute a rich and diverse perspective of the international challenges and opportunities of providing an integrated, effective and efficient diversity and inclusion model “fit for purpose and fit for practice.” The 2018 conference will aim to deliver a universally benchmarked framework for Diversity and Inclusion and will sit alongside the International Business Festival, being held in Liverpool in June.
Particular focus will be on exploring the practical challenges and business benefits of developing a Company Procurement culture that seeks to ensure equality of access and opportunities, for small and medium sized enterprises, ethnic minority owned businesses, women-owned businesses and LGBT-owned businesses.